[CBQ] Re: CZ Consists & Broadway Limited cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CZ Consists & Broadway Limited cars
From: "Tom Mack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 14:21:09 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I think I may have the answer to the entire CZ issue. The RR name
plates on each car (CB&Q, D&RGW, WP) are removable. The same with the
car name plate. Why even sell specific CZ cars? Why not just sell the
base car with a set of user installable WP/CB&Q/D&RGW plates. BLI
could then run the car name plates for all cars of that type and
include them in the box. You put together the combination to create
the car you want. Since the entire plate is installed, there is no
decalling needed. Just pop in the plates and you have your car.

For people who have already bought the BLI cars they could order just
the name sets and use existing stock cars to create the other CZ cars.
My guess is there are still a lot of early run CZ cars that no one has
purchased but that these would sell if BLI just did the name plates.

Tom Mack
Cincinnati