Re: [CBQ] Question about the NIFA Branch in Aurora

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Question about the NIFA Branch in Aurora
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 23:13:54 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dan,

I'll have to take a run up there tomorrow. I hadn't heard about the new run
around track but that had to be put in if the bridge is going to be torn out.
Other than the Aurora Shops which would be a Bulletin all by itself, Aurora
had  some interesting railroading. Although I don't remember this my Mom always
told  me one of the first words out of my mouth was Empire Builder as we
lived just a  few houses east of what is now the intersection of Prairie Street
and Orchard  Road... and every afternoon I'd go to the back room and watch the
EB go through,  that would have been from 1958-1959. Since we moved from there
when I was 3  years old, I don't remember too much!

Loren

favorites at AOL Food.