[CBQ] Re: BRHS Fall Meet

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: BRHS Fall Meet
From: "cbq_bill" <cbq_bill@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 05:01:41 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dave,

Thanks for the update.

Did you mean Saturday 9/27/08 to Sunday 9/28/08, or something else?
If the bus tour will be on Friday 9/26/08, then will the BRHS car on
the Illinois Zephyr trip from Chicago Union Station to Macomb
actually be on Thursday 9/25/08?  I understand that the return trip
on the IZ from Macomb to CUS will be on Sunday 9/28/08.

Thanks again & sounds like another great meet!

Bill

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@...> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
> The Fall Meet for the BRHS is planned for September 27-28 in Macomb,
> Illinois at the Western Illinois University.
>
> We are organizing a unique meet this year, starting with actually
riding the
> Illinois Zephyr over the old Q rails from Chicago Union Station to
Macomb
> and will return early Sunday morning!  Those who want to drive are
welcome
> to do so, but will miss out on the unique experience and fun we'll
have on
> board as we pass through historic Q locations such as the Zephyr
Pit,
> Cicero, La Grange, Naperville, Aurora, Mendota and Galesburg.
Those who
> want to join us along the way may do so at regular Amtrak fares.
Friday we
> are working out the exciting details for a Burlington Trailways,
bus tour
> through west central Illinois and southeastern Iowa with lunch at
the
> historic Big Muddy's in the Rock Island freight house in
Burlington, Iowa.