[CBQ] BRHS Fall Meet

To: "BRHS" <BRHS@nsn.org>, <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] BRHS Fall Meet
From: "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 08:37:51 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
 Hi All,

The Fall Meet for the BRHS is planned for September 27-28 in Macomb,
Illinois at the Western Illinois University.

We are organizing a unique meet this year, starting with actually riding the
Illinois Zephyr over the old Q rails from Chicago Union Station to Macomb
and will return early Sunday morning!  Those who want to drive are welcome
to do so, but will miss out on the unique experience and fun we'll have on
board as we pass through historic Q locations such as the Zephyr Pit,
Cicero, La Grange, Naperville, Aurora, Mendota and Galesburg.  Those who
want to join us along the way may do so at regular Amtrak fares.   Friday we
are working out the exciting details for a Burlington Trailways, bus tour
through west central Illinois and southeastern Iowa with lunch at the
historic Big Muddy's in the Rock Island freight house in Burlington, Iowa.
Saturday will be the usual BRHS activities (including a ladies program
planned by Diana Lotz) concluding with a banquet and a unique after dinner
in the Grand Ballroom at WIU.  More details will be made known as plans are
finalized.

Mark you calendars now for a fun-filled weekend of reminiscing about the Q,
sharing Burlington modeling expertise, establishing new and renewing old
friendships.  If you've never attended a BRHS meet, plan now to make this
your first - you won't regret it!

Dave Lotz
BRHS VP of Operations