[CBQ] Oval structures atop 1936 Denver and Twin Cities Zephyrs

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Oval structures atop 1936 Denver and Twin Cities Zephyrs
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 15:58:16 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
What are the oval inverted bowl like structures on each side of the roof on the
1936 Denver and Twin Cities Zephyrs?  I first noticed them when I was a toddler
boarding the DZ in Chicago in the early 50's and have wondered about them ever
since for more than 50 years.  They were not on the all room sleepers added to
the DZ in 1939.

  sjl