Re: [PCL] Re: [CBQ] Texas Zephyr Equipment in South Dakota

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>,<PassengerCarList@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [PCL] Re: [CBQ] Texas Zephyr Equipment in South Dakota
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:40:01 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
They could also be associated with the MTZ cars if they DO get
restored near St. Louis - and if the MTZ cars DO get restored, then
the process would be in place and the capability there for these cars
to be restored at the same time.

Or for that matter at that "50 Pullman Resort" site in NE
Missouri.  A lot of pie being thrown in the sky.

At 10:30 AM 3/10/2008, Charlie Vlk wrote:
>A logical place for the TZ equipment to end up would be the Illinois
>Railway Museum... they have the Nebraska Zephyr / 2nd Twin Cities
>Zephyr train and an E-5 which would (AFAIK)
>be able to couple to the TZ (1st Denver Zephyr) cars.
>Unless some other museum gets funding to bring back the other TZ and
>NZ/TCZ equipment from Saudi Arabia the cars would be interesting but
>orphans anywhere else.
>I'm posting this over on the Passenger Car List as well as it may be
>of interest to some there.
>Charlie Vlk
>
>Subject: Re: [CBQ] Texas Zephyr Equipment in South Dakota
>

>   I beleive the cars are owned by the tourist
>   railroad(Black Hills Central). Don't know about
>   moving on their own wheels, may have to be trucked.
>   Cars are long out of inspection dates, need much brake
>   work at least and truck work too in order to be in
>   compliance.
>   --- Latz Pat <pter777opm@yahoo.com> wrote:

Bob Webber