Re: [CBQ] Re: Texas Zephyr Question

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Texas Zephyr Question
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 13:41:40 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I did not notice that the message was from 2005.  I uderstand that there has
been interest in acquiring the cars, but that the asking price has been
astronomical.

"Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net> wrote:          I hope they restore the
cars. They are all that is left of the Denver Zephyr,Version 1.0.

sjl

Rick Briney <rlbriney@wildblue.net> wrote:
Kelly,

See message # 22675 from June of 2005. I have copied the text below:

Rick Briney

"I ended up in Hill City, SD today. I forgot my camera so no pics but
I was able to get what I think are the car numbers. The cars are all
lettered "Texas Zephyr" with a small "Burlington" on each end. There
is no other ID on the sides of the cars. On the end above the doors
inside what is left of the diaphragms I found these numbers. On the
Observation the number 641 is stenciled. On what I believe is the
coach, 606 is stenciled, and on what I believe is the Dorm Lounge
323 is stenciled.

To the best of my knowledge the cars are not modified for company
service use. I was told that one was in use as a dormitory for
summer help years ago. The cars have been neglected for many years.
The previous owner had no idea of the treasures he had in his
possession, and the current owners are concentrating on improving
the railroad for the tourist business."