Re: [SPAM][CBQ] conductor¡¯s lantern

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [SPAM][CBQ] conductor¡¯s lantern
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:21:14 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Archie

I've seen this kind of lantern, but never gave any thought to why or how they
were used by the conductor.  Your explanation makes sense to me.

You are, no doubt, aware that the proper way to stop a passenger train at a
flag stop was via the use of green and white lanterns and/or flags...I guess I
had in mind that this might have something to do with the two color lantern
globe.  Of course at night I don't think that the two colors would be
distinguishable by an engineer on an approaching train.

Thanks for enlightening us.

Pete