[CBQ] Ottawa bridge

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Ottawa bridge
From: "Robert Brown" <kansas57@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:34:54 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
When I was a reporter for the Daily Times in ottawa I interviewed a
retiring bridge tender and he told me several stories that I could not
print in a family newspaper, including uncounted numbers of couples
who thought they were alone in the park below the bridge but in clear
view of the tender.

He also told about a fire on either the Ottawa bridge or the one near
LaSalle (I don't remember after 25 years) which killed the tender when
he became trapped in his house above the burning cars. Does anyone
know when this might have happened and if it was Ottawa or LaSalle?