[CBQ] Mark Twain Zephyr - Spelling of Huckleberry Finn

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Mark Twain Zephyr - Spelling of Huckleberry Finn
From: "zephyr98072" <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 23:25:43 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I can't get the search feature to work on the messages, but I seem to
recall an old message asking about the spelling of Huckleberry Finn on
the original Mark Twain Zephyr, and whether it included the "e".

While in Hannibal last week, I found an article that my mother had
saved from the Hannibal Courier Post, from the 1990's I think, that was
written about the original dedication of the MTZ in Hannibal in 1935.
Many of the photos were furnished by Archie Hayden, who is on this
list, so he may remember it.

At any rate, one of the photos clearly showed the car name plate of
HUCKLEBERRY FINN, complete with the "e".

Glen Haug