Re: [CBQ] Street Runin'.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Street Runin'.
From: cy svobodny <ctsvobodny@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:40:39 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
La Crosse, WI had street running in several places.
The old passenger station was downtown.  A booklet on
Grand Crossing has photos of shovelnose Zephyrs on
muddy streets.  BRHS Calander a few years ago also
showed street trackage w/steam loco. Track and most of
the buildings in photo still exhist.   Winona, MN also
had Wall Street with trackage for about 8-10 blocks,
but I don't know of the Q used it. I know Milw. Rd.
and GBW(one leg of wye) did and CP still does.  Some
trackage on 2nd Street(Winona, MN) seems to be in the
street also.  Winona is a very interesting town for
railroads.  Anybody coming to Minnesota should include
both Winona & La Crosse in their plans.