[CBQ] BN state RR maps

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] BN state RR maps
From: Frederick Ripley <fjr68@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 14:26:57 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
List,

I'm wondering if anyone can provide some info about some maps I have.

These are BN-issued state RR maps from 1973.  They are large (perhaps
4 ft by 2 and 1/2 ft), and each folds and fits in an envelope w/BN logo.
They show all RR lines in a given state, color-coded by ownership,
and of course towns and rivers, but no roads.  I've got perhaps 11 or
12 of them
(most all states the CB&Q served, but not ND/MT/WA).

  I'm curious if this is something the BN issued periodically in
early years, of if this was a one-time thing.    I'm not necessarily
thinking of selling,
as they are quite neat, but I'd be interested if anyone could place
on approximate value on them.

Thanks for any info, and Happy New Year!

Fred R.