Re: [CBQ] Re: Street Running in Illinois

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Street Running in Illinois
From: Stan Maddox <stan.maddox@burlingtongulf.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 23:45:46 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Phillip, I recall a plate girder bridge that ran south from alongside
the upper stories of the Q freight house and over the road that now
leads to the suspension bridge (Broadway?). It appeared to lead south
towards some of that street trackage, but I don't recall what it
connected to northward. Was it all trestle work to get downgrade to
the yard area? What was that line called, what did it connect to, and
what was the grade? I have photos of the area that I shot during the
flood of '93, but I'm pulling all of this from memory so I could be
way off base. Please elaborate and/or correct as appropriate. Thanks.

Regards,
Stan