Re: [CBQ] Re: N Scale Exposition Flyer

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: N Scale Exposition Flyer
From: Bob Webber <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:37:38 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Note I said D&RGW coach.  See other note regarding arched roofs on
refurbished cars.

In terms of the Prospector cars - all of which, btw saw service on
the CZ (except for the mail cars) and did make it to Chicago &
Oakland, the sides on the NKP cars are better than the plastic ones
to date - in HO.   The one thing that bothers me more than anything
else on these cars - like the HO Walthers 52 seat coach - is the
number board you reference.  It sticks out like a sore thumb.   To
me.  As you say, it's personal preference.  I bought a couple of the
Walthers HO models for the foreign car aspect (for the CZ) - I have a
photo of one coming into Chicago - but that number board stuck
out.  Now that same car, as a C&O coach which ALSO was on the CZ at
times, is perfectly accurate.   Same too with the 10-6 as done by
Lambert (the most common - and earliest - foreign sleeper were the
C&O 10-6s).  I frankly hope Walthers does that car as a 1952 - 1965
CZ almost requires one hanging around.

Bob Webber