[CBQ] Re: Exposition Flyer in N scale

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Exposition Flyer in N scale
From: "rsgrzw" <rgz17@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 20:01:33 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
That will depend on WHICH 12-1 amd 10-1-2 (I hope it isn't a 10-2-
1).  And which parlor, and which baggage.  Of course, the baggage
will be a good candidate for the NKP baggage car sides.  But, without
knowing if the other cars are 3400s or 2400s, and then if they have
A/C - it's hard to determine if one may be used as a good core.  The
key is finding a non-A/C core and then having the A/C ducts available
to build any version roof you may need (or not need, some diner roofs
don't have the A/C ducts, the A/C was all internal).

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, estcbq@... wrote:

> Micro-Trains for 09 has announced 4 hvwt cars--Pullman 12-1---10-2-
1---28-1 Parlor and a 70' ACF Baggage. not a whole lot but a start in
a neglected area. a starting point for NKP?===jy

for
> the Expo. Included in this list is the PB-21, BA-11, BA-12, BA-15,
> BA-16, & DO-5. He is also doing a TOWER 8-3-1 - though it isn't the
> right one for the Expo. I believe he may also be working on a
> CLOVER. With the right plastic Pullmans, it might be close enough
> to make a representative train.
>
> Now, all those are in HO. However... if you can get together 30-35
> or so people, you might be able to convince him of running the
sides
> for N scale. He's not going to be able to produce the full kits as
> he does in HO due to the lack of knowledge of N scale products (and
> lack of products in N scale), but that just means a little more
work
> (and compromise) on your part. But I think it doable.
>
> When the RGM&HS offered the streamlined combines 1230-1231 in HO,
we
> had a number of people ask about N scale versions. What eventually
> happened is that we "assigned" (or one volunteered) one "activist"
> for the N scale project and he advertised the project to those who
he
> knew would or might want it and then took pre-order reservations.
He