RE: [CBQ] Re:Tsunami Sound Decoders for CB&Q Steam Locomotives

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re:Tsunami Sound Decoders for CB&Q Steam Locomotives
From: "Myers, Scott V." <svmyers@southernco.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 20:11:38 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dick and others,

I certainly appreciate everyone's feedback regarding the use of the Tsunami
sound decoders.  I did dig out some of my old videotapes of CB&Q/C&S steam
locomotives.  One of the best as far as whistles seems to be "Last Steamers on
the Colorado and Southern" by Kalmbach.  It does include the C&S 800 series
2-8-2s, which is listed as one of the whistles available for the medium steam
decoder.  It also contained a #900 series 2-10-2, which certainly sounded like
a different whistle to me.  I'm curious to see if the whistle from the decoder
does sound like the ones on the videotape.  At least one of the other tapes has
Northern #5632, so I need to listen to it again and see how they compare.
Unfortunately, these tapes are pretty old and don't play very well, distorting
not only the images but the sound.

Scott Myers