[CBQ] Rochelle Depot

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Rochelle Depot
From: "Jerry Stauffer" <milw265@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 20:47:35 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
We saw a sad day today as crews with a large trackhoe demolished the
Rochelle depot today. When I arrived about 9:45 am, they had just
pulled down the west end wall and were removing the scale which will be
saved by the city. During the next 2-1/2 hrs the remainder of the
building came down a big bite at a time.  Now all that remains is a
large pile of splintered wood, stucco and brick.  They told me they
only had 2 days to tear it down and do cleanup so by Tuesday evening it
will be just another piece of flat ground.  Sad to see her go but as we
all know.....nothing lasts forever.  Just glad I took many photos over
the last 15-20 years and captured its destruction on digital also.

Jerry Stauffer