[CBQ] S.H. Mallory

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] S.H. Mallory
From: "n.cattell" <n.cattell@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 05:27:25 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I am doing research on S.H. Mallory and wanted to see if anyone has any
stories to add. We are putting together a book of history starting with
the beginning of the CB&Q and John Van Nortwick, S.H. Mallory's uncle
and first president of that railroad co. The Mallorys eventually
settled in Chariton, Iowa in 1867 and developed a large estate because
of his work with the CB&Q. He worked with John Fitzgerald of
Plattsmouth, Neb. and built rairoads covering a large portion of the
United States. He lived in Chariton until his death in 1903 and after
that his Daughter, Jessie and wife, Annie moved to Orlando Florida.
Many towns were founded by Mallory and we are looking for any
information we can find. We have had a web site up for several years
located at www.mallorycastle.com. There are still some Mallory
decsendents living in Texas and we located them. Thanks for any further
information.

Nick