Re: [CBQ] movie emperor of the north

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] movie emperor of the north
From: sbmco1990@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 23:27:21 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have seen that movie? a number of times, I do not know how authentic it is
myself. My dad had work for Great Northern Railway and when he first when to
work for GN. He started out with Great Northern Railway Police or Security. He
was assign to the Jackson Street Shops, in St Paul Minnesota. One of the
responsibility was to chase the Hobos from the yard. There was a few reason,
they were tresspassing, safety reason and no free rides aloud.
My dad had respect for them, especially after the accident he had. The first
winter he went to work for GN. He was chasing a Hobo down top of box cars and
slip on some ice and fell to the ground. Now that Hobo could have keep going,
but didn't. When he realize happen he came back to see what he could do for my
dad. He went for help, for my dad. Knowing that he could have been arrested for
tresspassing. Because of what he did for my dad, in return they did not
have?that Hobo?arrested. They show him the gate and told him not to come back,
if he had then they would have had him arrested for tresspassing.

John Lamb