Re: [CBQ] Re: Montgomery Stock yard operations

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Montgomery Stock yard operations
From: "Russ Strodtz" <borneo@19main.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 07:06:27 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo,

I did not want to be too much of an "expert" so I waited for
someone else to say it.

CB&Q delivered direct to the US Yards via the CR&I/CJ at
Ashland Avenue Yard. While the IHB was affiliated with these
roads and had it's own line to the Stockyards they did not
handle any traffic for the roads that delivered to the US
Yards direct.

In reality that line, (most of it double track), was built
to expedite the movement of both meat and livestock from
the Stockyards area East for the MC and NYC (West).

The last five regular destinations for livestock moving
East from the CB&Q to IHB at Congress Park were:

Sheep = Wolverine Packing, Detroit MI, Via MC
Hogs = Tobin Packing, Rochester NY, Via MC-CASO-NYC
Hogs = Tobin Packing, West Albany NY, Via MC-CASO-NYC
Hogs = Northeastern Packing, Somerville MA, Via MC-CASO-NYC-B&M
Hogs = Hygrade Food Products, Richmond VA, Via C&O

Russ