[CBQ] Re: u23c paint info sought

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: u23c paint info sought
From: "l_dowell" <slyone@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 04:20:07 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, lyle dowell <slyone@...> wrote:

> John Trulson wrote:
> > HI, I LOOKED THROUGH SOME 14 BOOKS IN MY COLLECTION BEFORE I FOUND
A SUITABLE PHOTO AND I'M NOT SURE WHICH BOOK IT WAS IN. I have been
custom painting for just over 30 years and I have never seen a
locomotive yet from any railroad that had side stripes or color
separations actually painted on the walkways.

A bit of a folllow up. The just released Morning Sun book on the BN is
covering the premerger experimental paint schemes. On the cover is a
prominent photo of a Q SD45 on which the walkway is green but the
white stripe very clearly IS painted across the walkway.  While this
doesn't prove the U23C had the same treatment, I'm believing more so
that it did.

Lyle Dowell