Re: [CBQ] Re: Illinois Coal Mines

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Illinois Coal Mines
From: "Russ Strodtz" <borneo@19main.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:50:35 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bill,

Yes, would have to agree that in 1905 over two million tons
was a rather sizeable number. Considering we are probably
talking about 25 or 30 ton cars that's a lot of cars.

For example the Alabama Power Miller Generating Station at
Palos AL has 28 sets in service. Supposed to be 135 cars
each but to be conservative I'll figure them at 130 cars.
That puts each train at 15,340 net tons. So far this year,
to date, Antelope loaded 116 times, Jacob's Ranch 147 times,
and North Antelope 309 times. That puts the loading for just
that one destination at 8,774,480 so far this year.

Yes, that is over all one of the top five destinations.

Russ