Re: [CBQ] Photos on the Yahoo Groups...please read whole message

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Photos on the Yahoo Groups...please read whole message
From: "Bob Weber" <eng95@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 22:35:09 -0700
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Jan,
Tried to email this but was rejected so I'm posting here.  I looked thru some
of the gallery photos and found these that I took.
Bob Weber

This is Old Ben No. 11 just North of Christopher, IL. It's one of the Southern
Illinois coal mines that were serviced by the CB&Q.
http://www.burlingtonroute.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=12

This is a picture of the levers that were in the interlock tower at
Christopher, IL. These levers were used by the tower operator to set switches
and signals for train routing.
http://www.burlingtonroute.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=32

Passenger train No. 48, (St. Paul, MN to St. Louis, MO) stopped at Chapin, IL.
The CB&Q crosses the Wabash RR (Decatur, IL to Hannibal, MO division) at
Chapin. You can see the Wabash tracks running left to right. Note also the
wooden walkway that crosses the tracks, then mates with concrete walkway.
http://www.burlingtonroute.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=36

This is Southbound CB&Q thru-freight No. 62 out of Beardstown heading for St.
Louis. The picture is taken about 1 mile south of Chapin, IL by me standing on
a wooden bridge over the tracks.
http://www.burlingtonroute.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=42