Re: [CBQ] Coal mine pic on site

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Coal mine pic on site
From: VERLIN WHITE <verlinwhite@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:19:25 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello,
  What you do have is top nock #1.
  Thanks

Bob Weber <eng95@comcast.net> wrote:
          You're right about that picture. It's a picture of Old Ben 11 just
North of Christopher, IL that I took in the Fall of 1951, just before the New
Orient Coal Mine Disaster Dec. 21, 1951 at West Frankfort. You can see the
original of that photo and a few others at
http://home.comcast.net/~eng95/railroad.htm I worked at the Chistopher tower
several time as a relief agent/operator on the CB&Q, Beardstown Division from
1951 thru 1959. I wish I had taken more pictures.

Bob Weber