[CBQ] Re: Amtrak

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Amtrak
From: "milwaukeeroad261" <milwaukeeroad261@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 23:35:35 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I just got off the phone with Mitch and he asked me to post the
following information:

His involvment was actually with the Metra uniforms.  He jokes that
he was angry when he was in train service on the C&NW as the old
uniforms had been replaced with the new style ones (early 1970's).
He vowed that he would make the old uniforms return so when he
finally consulted with Metra concerning their uniforms, he basically
used the old C&NW specifications.  While he was employed by the
Milwaukee Road he was the involved with the BN and Milwaukee Road
suburban uniforms and worked as a liasion between those carriers and
the Grand Uniform Company of New York City.  This included bringing
back the three button coats instead of two button models.  Mitch also
worked with Amtrak during the '80's to bring back a more traditional
uniform and it appears that his work finally saw the light of day.

Don Crimmin

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "milwaukeeroad261" <milwaukeeroad261@...>