[CBQ] Dennis Popish - a LONG time serving Q fans

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Dennis Popish - a LONG time serving Q fans
From: "Gerald A. Edgar" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 21:07:34 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dennis Popish did not stand for re-election as a Director of BRHS this
yr.  Although I was at the K.C. (Overland Park) meet I did not attend
the banquet so don't know what might have been said there but
regardless most mbrs of this list were now at the meet so I'll put in
my 2 cents worth now.

Dennis was a charter mbr of CB&Q H.S. back in 1976 so he's been
laboring on behalf of all Q fans for 31 yrs.  Early on he did some nice
scale drwgs of Q depots (and a standard outhouse!).  For those who have
had the pleasure of seeing any of his models, you know he is
outstanding with his use of an airbrush, detailing and weathering.  He
also served a long time on the BRHS Board as VP-Operations; i.e.
helping set-up and facilitate spring and Annual meetings.  He also
spent many an hour at the 'Company Store', registrationd desks, etc.
The downside to that is he seldom has been able to enjoy a meet the way
most members do.  It should also be noted Dennis is modest to a fault.

So hats off to Dennis for a lot of labor of love (his Dad worked at the
Zephyr Pit so that work ethic rubbed off on Dennis).  I'm hoping now
that he's freed from official duties we can get him to do a clinic in
2008 on detailing/weathering/painting models.

Thanks Dennis!!!