RE: [CBQ] Dennis Popish - a LONG time serving Q fans

To: <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Dennis Popish - a LONG time serving Q fans
From: Gerald & Virginia Edgar <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:08:34 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
No they just appeared in the 20 some Bulletins I did as founder & editor of
CB&Q H.S.  However I have the originals stored away - give me a reminder email
in a couple weeks if you have not heard from me by then.  Winfield is
especially neat as was used by the 3' B&NW with a concave end at one end for a
built in restaurant.
Gerald A. & Virginia J.  Edgar 230 W. 5th St. Garner, IA 50438-1404 (641)
923-2573  evenings & w/e's

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.comFrom: verlinwhite@sbcglobal.netDate: Fri, 12 Oct 2007
08:05:26 -0700Subject: Re: [CBQ] Dennis Popish - a LONG time serving Q fans

Hello,Did he publish his Q depot drawings in book form?If he did, I would like
to get a copy."Gerald A. Edgar" <vje68@hotmail.com> wrote:Dennis Popish did not
stand for re-election as a Director of BRHS this yr. Although I was at the K.C.
(Overland Park) meet I did not attend the banquet so don't know what might have
been said there but regardless most mbrs of this list were now at the meet so
I'll put in my 2 cents worth now.Dennis was a charter mbr of CB&Q H.S. back in
1976 so he's been laboring on behalf of all Q fans for 31 yrs. Early on he did
some nice scale drwgs of Q depots (and a standard outhouse!). For those who
have had the pleasure of seeing any of his models, you know he is outstanding
with his use of an airbrush, detailing and weathering. He also served a long
time on the BRHS Board as VP-Operations; i.e. helping set-up and facilitate
spring and Annual meetings. He also spent many an hour at the 'Company Store',
registrationd desks, etc. The downside to that is he seldom has been able to
enjoy a meet the way most members do. It should also be noted Dennis is modest
to a fault.So hats off to Dennis for a lot of labor of love (his Dad worked at
the Zephyr Pit so that work ethic rubbed off on Dennis). I'm hoping now that
he's freed from official duties we can get him to do a clinic in 2008 on
detailing/weathering/painting models.Thanks Dennis!!![Non-text portions of this
message have been removed]