[CBQ] Zaering IL

To: "Q" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Zaering IL
From: <mmatalis@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:52:00 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I spend Tuesday fanning around Zearing IL and have a few questions about the
track layout back in the days of the Q.

Looking over the lay of the land it appears that the IV&N line originally
connect with the Q from both north and south of the bridge, forming a big
wye.  Am I correct in this assumption?  It was hard to tell from looking,
everything is still pretty brushed up out there.

>From what I read I have the impression the IV&N was originally built from La
Salle to Walnut via Zearing. However the maps I have show the line
continuing down to Streator. Was La Salle / Streator added at a later date,
or was the whole line built in one fell swoop.  Also, how did the Q cross
the Illinois at La Salle.  Did they have their own bridge or use trackage
rights?

When was Zearing to Walnut abandoned?

When was La Salle to Streator abandoned?

Sorry if I'm being a pain, but inquiring minds want to know!  :)

Thank you kindly,

Mike M.
Downers Grove IL