Re: [CBQ] GATX Tank Cars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] GATX Tank Cars
From: "Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 08:04:16 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo,
Thanks for the info about UTLX.  I've seen just three photos of cars at
Hubingers (dating from probably 30s through 70s).  One was NTLX.  The others
were all GATX.  But what I'd really like to get is an accurate roster for
1962-63.

Yes, Walthers did a run of Corn Syrup cars a few years ago.  I think they were
about 16k gallons and were dated for the 80s.  I did buy the Hubinger box cars
they did (built date of early 60s although not sure Hubinger leased them right
away).

Do you know anything about the available tank car kits these days and which
would fit the bill?  Proto and Intermountain both make type 27 8k and 10k cars
(most seem lettered for oil companies).  Tichy makes a riveted type 103 and Red
Caboose a welded type 103 (I have several of the latter).  Anything else I
should be looking at?

Duncan