[CBQ] GATX Tank Cars

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] GATX Tank Cars
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 05:35:20 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Duncan,

I've been in the tank car leasing business for 21 plus years. So based on
that experience here's my spin on cars Hubinger would use in the 60s. Oh and by

the way Hubinger was a large UTLX customer.

Corn Syrup- IXC 8's= Insulated exterior coiled jacketed 8,000 gallon cars.
Then IXC 10s as they came to market.
Waste water from the process-The dregs of the fleets. Interior heater piped
cars,both insulated and noninsulated. Insulated and noninsulated nonpiped cars
 that were referred to as general purpose cars. These would be anywhere from
13-20,000 gallon capacity depending on what was available.

Didn't Walthers do a run of Corn Syrup cars a few years back ?

Today Corn Syrup cars are IXC 17.5's and the newest are 19,000  gallon.

Leo