Re: [CBQ] NE-11 waycars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] NE-11 waycars
From: "Rupert & Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 20:02:21 +1200
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Steve

Certainly the "widow maker" conversions can be tied to the WWII situation,
utilising what was available at a time of very high traffic demands, but I
suspect that the failure to use the NE-11 class label was a "mistake" (or
deliberate decision) in 1954 when the NE-12's were built.

In passing, I notice that the 1945 diagram data page shows the "widow maker
waycars (14800-90) as class NE-5, but that was an error.  The NE-5 cars were
certainly allocated this number block but that was in about 1905 and the
last one was retired in 1931, and the number group was reused for the
1943/45 conversions.

I'd love to be at KC but it is not to be. However, I am looking ahead 12
months!

Regards

Rupert