[CBQ] SIgnals on the Q

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] SIgnals on the Q
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:00:53 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
As you can see below, an interesting discussion is occurring on the
NYC-Railroad list about signal practices.

  What were the practices on the Q for block signals and interlocking signals
in terms of the types of signals used.  My personal observations were that, at
least with Lines West, signals governing sidings were head-offset target
signals, whereas those governing blocks were vertical tri-light signals.
Interlocking signals, if I were remember, were also target signals.

  I am hoping this post, with the inclusion of the post below, will inspire
someone to write about signaling practices on the Burlington.  I remember, as a
teenager, riding in a dome on the DZ as a fellow explained signalling.
Unfortunately, I did not understand a lot of it, although, as a dome rider, I
had been interested in the signal bridges as part of the overall experience.  I
would like to revisit those memories with some additional insight into what I
was seeing and why.

  sjl