[CBQ] Re: Ballast on the Casper Sub(?)Division

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Ballast on the Casper Sub(?)Division
From: "Tom Mack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 17:02:06 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
To Mark (from Tom Mack):

Check out message 27202 from Steve Holding. Here is what he says:

The best place to look for the track details is on a track chart. I
have a complete set thanks to Mike Spoor on CD and have sold some at
meets to raise money for the SD-24 at IRM. I am planning on making
Kansas City in Sept. if things go alright

Bevier has Slag ballast last cleaned in 1965(1966 track chart) from MP
75-75.4 where Chatts was placed in 1947 to MP 79 where Slag again was
used. 112 Pound Rail. So even on a 5 mile section of track(each page
is 5 miles) the ballast could change an also the color and texture.
Also look at the weeds along side the tracks as often they kept
college guys to mow in the summers. The ballast was neat and tidy.

Check out some of the old photos. Do not look at what was photographed
but as the backgrounds Trees, Weeds, Fields,

See you at KC
Steve

*** End of message 27202