Re: [CBQ] Ballast

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Ballast
From: <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 00:12:17 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The best place to look for the track details is on a track chart.  I have a
complete set thanks to Mike Spoor on CD and have sold some at meets to raise
money for the SD-24 at IRM.  I am planning on making Kansas City in Sept.  if
things go alright
Bevier has Slag ballast last cleaned in 1965(1966 track chart) from MP 75-75.4
where Chatts was placed in 1947 to MP 79 where Slag again was used.  112 Pound
Rail.
So even on a 5 mile section of track(each page is 5 miles) the ballast could
change an also the color and texture.  Also look at the weeds along side the
tracks as often they kept college guys to mow in the summers.  The ballast was
neat and tidy.  Check out some of the old photos.  Do not look at what was
photographed but as the backgrounds Trees, Weeds, Fields,
See you at KC
Steve