[CBQ] Locomotive Servicing at Eola/Aurora

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Locomotive Servicing at Eola/Aurora
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:28:19 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
In the late 60's while serving as a volunteer machinists and hostlers  helper
on the Sunday day shift at Eola Rdhse I discovered the remains of the  cinder
pit on the inbound engine lead so I know where it was located. But at the
time I didn't know enough to ask the right questions(that applies to many,many
unanswered Q things today). And in the late 50s I saw first hand the coal
chute so I know where it was too.

So here goes, does anybody know if there was a cinder lift or were the
cinders loaded in company service gons with long handled shovels ? Were the
gons
spotted on what became West Rip #1 (the coal unloading track) as I doubt  they
were on the inbound or what became west Rip #2 as that was the locomotive
tender loading track.
Does a photo exist depicting this area ?

What about the Aurora Rdhse facilities as I could never locate remains of  or
have seen a photo of the coal chute,water plug and cinder pit ?

Leo