Re: [CBQ] Interesting Find

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Interesting Find
From: <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 23:44:24 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Dave
>From Equipment Register Jan 1957  40' 6" steel box with 6 foot door
SJH
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dave Lotz
  To: CBQ@Yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 10:11 PM
  Subject: [CBQ] Interesting Find

  Tonight, while I was digging through a file of important papers that my Dad
  kept, I found one of the small, brown CB&Q envelopes (Form 5010) addressed
  to Dad. I opened it and pulled out the contents to find a June 8, 1953
  Western Union telegram from Liberty Homes of Bay City, Michigan, notifying
  my dad that the pre-cut house he and mother had purchased would be ready to
  load for shipment to Burlington on July 13th, 1953 and asked that he wire
  further instructions. His reply telegram from that same day was there,
  along with the prepaid CB&Q Freight Bills (Form 9-8), a CB&Q postcard (Form
  70) notifying Dad that the "freight" was ready for delivery on July 17
  aboard NYC car #104185. There was also a Form 743, Constructive Placement
  Notice notifying Dad that the car could not be delivered on account of the
  inability to receive the car. I knew that my folks had bought and assembled
  the house I grew up in, but did not know until tonight, that it was
  delivered via the "Q!" Just out of curiosity, I tried to look up the NYC
  car in my Morning Sun NYC equipment book to no avail. Does anyone on the
  list have any idea what this car was? I'm assuming it was a box car of some
  sort.

  Dave Lotz
  Pooler, GA