Re: [CBQ] Grip

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Grip
From: "teb2771@earthlink.net" <teb2771@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:26:18 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
We have chuckled at this term's demise recently, too. Most railroaders used to
carry a grip as their travel luggage - a squat, wide bag with handle at top
that (sometimes) has a metal piece along each opening at the top and half-way
down the ends so that it opens to the same size opening as its floor. Old
photos show engineers, conductors, etc., leaving their trains with such a bag.
Bet you can't even find one at a luggage shop today. Tom Burg