Re: [CBQ] Grip

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Grip
From: sbmco1990@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:49:09 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary
 Main Entry:  1grip
Pronunciation: ‚grip
Function: transitive  verb
Inflected Form: gripped ; grip£ping
Etymology: Middle English  grippen, from Old English grippan; akin to Old
English  grˆpan
Date: before 12th  century

1: to seize or hold firmly
2: to hold the interest of strongly ²a  story that grips the reader³
–grip£per noun
–grip£ping£ly \‚gri-piŠ-l‡\  adverb

 Main Entry: 2grip
Function:  noun
Date: before 12th century

1 a : a  strong or tenacious grasp  b : strength in  gripping  c : manner or
style of gripping
2 a  : a firm tenacious hold typically giving control, mastery, or
understanding  b : mental grasp
3: a  part or device for gripping
4: a part by which something is  grasped;  especially   : handle
5: suitcase
6: stagehand

Also listed is key grip and pistol grip

Hope this helps?
John

In a message dated 5/22/2007 5:31:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,