Re: [CBQ] Details of XM-25/26 boxcars in early 1970s

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Details of XM-25/26 boxcars in early 1970s
From: "Rupert & Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 16:59:36 +1200
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Mark

The XM-25/26 cars were covered in a BRHS Data Sheet which identified the
last four cars as 15615, 16645, 16710 and 16728, noting that they were
quickly retired after the BN merger.  When  archbar trucks were banned from
interchange in 1938, the CB&Q's XM-25's received Andrews trucks whilst the
FW&D's received AAR-style Bettendorf designs (which were fitted as originals
on the XM-26's).

There is no indication about the specific use for these cars, although it is
noted that some of the class in the late 60's were using for hide loading,
but without the roof doors fitted to other classes.  There is no indication
in the ORER's that this was the fate of these cars.

Sorry, I can't help with the ACI label question.

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ