[CBQ] Details of XM-25/26 boxcars in early 1970s

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Details of XM-25/26 boxcars in early 1970s
From: "Mark Heiden" <mark_heiden@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 19:55:46 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions regarding the few XM-25/26 single sheathed
boxcars that survived in revenue service into the early 1970s.
According to the November, 1973 ORER, there were still four cars in
the series CBQ 15615-16728.  My questions are:

1. The XM-25/26 cars sported both Andrews and Bettendorf-style
trucks.  Did the remaining cars tend to have one type over the other,
or were both seen?

2. Did these cars recieve ACI labels, and where on the car side were
they located?

3. Were they typically found in a particular service, or were they
still general service cars?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark Heiden