Re: [CBQ] Precision Craft F-3 Sale

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Precision Craft F-3 Sale
From: "Dale Reeves" <drale99@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 16:33:20 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Scott:  I don't have digital control, just an old pike with dc cabs and
blocks.  Most of my engines run real well, and recent locos equipped with
sound work well and produce acceptable sound on my RR..  My Precision F3s
are so touchy that they stall easily, or start-and-stop as they move through
my turnouts and across my blocks.  I bought the most expensive version, with
a sound system that is supposed to work on either digital or conventional.
You learn after the set is delivered that you need an additional device to
conrol sound.  I spent the money and ordered the device, wired it into my
control panel, and then found out it didn't work.  The F3 set looks good,
but doesn't work right and doesn't produce the sound I paid so much for. I'm
fortunate that I have E5s and F7s to fall back on.
Dale Reeves