[CBQ] LCL

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] LCL
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:59:26 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Lew Peshia once told me about unloading oranges from the back platform of a
waycar at Prophetstown on xmas eve. While I'm aware of LCL service it was
always  explained to me that the LCL was handled in a separate LCL car on the
head
 end by the old heads who hated this part of the job. George Krekan used to
regularly complain about unloading school desks at Stratford years after he
had  performed the service. I understand that on certain jobs a side door w/c
would handle LCL.
Wade Gorman started as a station helper at Plano during the depression and
talked about how one gear or sprocket would be shipped in a boxcar and that was
 all there would be in the car. He also talked about the Aurora Frt house
job working 16 hrs a night when LCL was still a thriving part of the business.
How this job would go to Eola with sometimes 60 cars which included a LCL car
for each of the wayfreights leaving Eola.
I bet I'm not the only one who would like to know much more about the
details of this side of the business.

Leo