Re: [CBQ] Ice

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Ice
From: cy svobodny <ctsvobodny@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:29:21 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
During the late 70's I was a coach cleaner at AMTRAK's
Midway Station, which included filling the water tanks
on the passenger cars.  During the winter the filler
valve would get froze.  We thawed them either with a
lit fusee or a hose tapped into the steam line under
the car someplace.  The fusee worked fast, but smelled
awful and if you looked at it would burn an image in
your vision for a few moments.  They were very hot
burners.    CY