Re: [CBQ] ICE

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] ICE
From: VERLIN WHITE <verlinwhite@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:27:32 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi,
  Was it a hose with steam from the engine?

qutlx1@aol.com wrote:
          I recently told the story about the empty box that we tried to spot
at De
Kalb Seed in Wateman only to watch it climb a pile of snow and ice and end up
several feet above the rails.
Smitty once told me about working the Alley and there was so much ice in the
flangeways and over the rails on Middle Ave that they were afraid to shove
down the street. So they used a tool on the engine to melt the ice spending
several hours doing so in order to go about spotting and pulling industries.
What was this tool called ? I don't know but I'll bet one of you does.
Hint the engine wasn't diesel.

Leo