RE: [CBQ] Slag Ballast (Commercial Post)

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Slag Ballast (Commercial Post)
From: "Dave Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 22:29:19 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Charlie et al,

Q Connection still sells the ballast you mention, in fact, we liked it so
much, we now are its producer.  The name has changed from "Manchester Hobby
Products" ballast to "Flint Hills Ballast" (named after Burlington, Iowa's
original Sauk name Sho Ko Kon - literally translated "Hills of Flint").  I'm
working on a revamped web site for Q Connection, which will have more
information on the ballast, but life seems to be getting in the way lately.
I hope to have an announcement of the new site shortly.
There are four sizes of ballast, appropriate for N scale through G scale and
it is light gray, but variegated in its color.  It is sold in 1-pound bags
for $3.99 (which covers approximately 8 foot in HO scale) or by the gallon
for larger applications (approximately 9 pounds for $35.00).

Dave Lotz
Q Connection