[CBQ] Re: modelling question

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: modelling question
From: "rgs0554" <rgs0554@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 15:06:10 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Duncan Cameron"
<d.cameron@...> wrote:

> Hi list.
> Curious about how people have attached structures to their
layouts, and whether landscaping gets done before or after the
buildings are in place.  Looking to benefit from years of
experience now that I've got a couple of scrathbuilt structures
ready for my miniature Keokuk.
> Duncan Cameron

Hi Duncan,  When I build a structure I also make a platform of
.062" or .093" aircraft plywood  just slightly larger than the
footprint of the building.  I key the platform to the structure in
some fashion such as a couple of dowels or short brass tubes
which are retained in the platform and locate the floor of the
structure.  When I've decided where on the layout I want the
structure and am scenicking the location of the structure,  I
scenic the platform into the layout.  I then place the structure on
the platform.  This both prevents damage to the structure from
scenicking   and permits easy removal of the structure either for
maintenance, structure modifcation or installation on a new or
revised layout.   Regards, Don Smith