[CBQ] Shopping

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Shopping
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 20:40:31 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
There was a long period of time when almost all lumber moved in box cars. 40
and 50 footers. Getting the lumber in and out of those single 8' and double
16' doors was a labor intensive ordeal. So........... there were lots of pieces
of lumber left in cars that were MTY. On the Earlville turn I used to p/u a
few 2X4's coming out of empties from Plano and Sandwich lumber. But the all
time
leader,to my knowledge, was grandpa,E.B. Smith, who picked up his lumber from
empties coming out of White & Todd Lumber, Fox River Supply and Builders
Supply all customers located on the "Alley Job". 8-10 years after retiring he
was
still building pallets for a local plastics company out of 2x4's that were
scrounged from mty box cars ! Saw it first hand.

Leo