[CBQ] Wide Loads

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Wide Loads
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 10:59:36 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
One night when working as a brkmn in the C&I pool for Lew Peshia he had a
wild hair and decided to ride the head end from Cicero to Savanna (something
Condrs. just didn't do) !  I think we were on one of those  #185's that were 85
mty lumber cars and a couple loadsall headed back to the Northwest. Lew did the
pickup at Eola and I walked up from the W/C and got the bills at the yard
office and caught the w/c  as we left town.
I was going thru the bills as we went around the curve at Aurora and lo and
behold here's a loaded flat from CAT that's marked in bold print at the top of
the bill. "must not move via Oregon,IL, load will not clear..... route car
GT,Denrock,Savanna and here we are with the head end about to go out the C&I ?!
Long story short after a quick stop Lew ended up setting the load out on the
incline at Aurora.
Funny thing after that night he never volunteered to ride the head end again ?

Leo