Re: [CBQ] Illinois Midland

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Illinois Midland
From: <sholding@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 23:59:18 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Leo
I have a copy of the S&L Article if you send your address.  "Thrift Corner
Yarns  April-May June 1973
All the bridges were in the Q bridge book I found in Galesburg and copied  5
bridges
The last loco was a Plymouth I think went to Quincy via truck  Plymouth ML30
built 12-2-38  Rebuilt with Cat D 33A  6 cyl diesel  Spring '64
Good article in Rail Classics (no date on pages)  Aurora Beacon News Family
Leisure Section May 1 1968
Was to be built Rockford to Seneca to meet the Big Four but only construction
was Millington to Newark.  Taken over by Newark Farmers Grain Co.
Check RMC Feb. 2004 for LCCE article
The Fox and Illinois Union was in the running for an outlet of the CO&P(IVD)
Morris to Yorkville and then over Fox River Electric to Aurora and CA&E to
Chicago but a better faster route to Joliet opened and Chicago and Joliet
Electric to Archer Ave
SJH