Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Commuter Questions

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Commuter Questions
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:15:05 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
"I have heard that the CB&Q rotated some of their engines from long
distance to commuter service and that in additin to he more usual
E8s and E9s, that E7s and E5s were in cummuter service once in a
while."

  Andy:

  You are indeed correct about this.  Also used for a short time were the EA
Shovel Nose units that powered the 2nd Twin and Original Denver Zephyrs when
they went into service.

  My sources for this information are many over the years, including some
personal observations whenever I rode the Denver Zephyr into Chicago.

  Incidentally, for a while, with 4 of the ex-Q/BN E's in Nashville, TN, the
view east from the ramp from I-40 westbound to I-24 Northbound looked like the
view from Roosevelt Road in years past.

  You may use my name if you wish.

  sjl